March 6, 2008

Sale-A-Brations Cards, Day 4


This card was so much fun. I actually got to break out a package of Christmas themed Designer Paper that had NOT even been opened yet- CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! So I really enjoyed this. I used Sage Shadow as my card base, which I also liked because I RARELY use that color and never thought I really liked it- UNTIL I used it on this card...now I am hooked! I know it is hard to see from the picture, but I used Shimmery White Cardstock on the side and again for the scalloped embellishment. I layered the scalloped image by stamping it 3 different times on the Shimmery White and Sage Cardstock. I used the Scallop, 1 1/4" and 1" Circle punch for that embellishment. Before I layered the card I took a sponge and gave the card some dimension by sponging the edges of the card, designer paper, and the Shimmery White cardstock with Sage Shadow Ink. I finished it all off with some Olive satin ribbon to separate the colors. Oh yeah, the card base is 4.25x11 and folded in half, then I cut 1/2" off one of the ends for the fancy fold. hope you enjoy!

No comments: