January 4, 2008

One Last Item For Santa...

Ok, so I meant to post this MUCH earlier...but do I really have to explain my laziness? *grin* So I made a plate like this for Santa (minus the image in the middle) on a white plate originally using Staz-on ink...but it didn't work out like I planned. The plate was SO cute and in a bung of different colors. Now keep in mind I have used Staz-on Ink on all kinds of non-porous things and it has never come off before, but not this time! Once Santa had eaten his helping of the cookies left for him on the plate I went to gently wipe the crumbs off the plate and store it for next year, BUT the ink flaked off. I don't know if it was because there was a *weird* glaze on the plate or maybe the grease from the cookies?? Who knows...so long story short (I know, I know too late) I decided to do the same type of idea but by Etching a glass plate so now it is PERMANENT! I am going to not only sell these in my craft fairs next year but I am also going to have a class for this as well. SUPER easy and WAY fun!!!

No comments: