May 25, 2008

Gorcery Game- AMAZING!

Ok, so if you are in a total $$ crunch as I am, with the cost of gas getting ready to hit over $4 a gallon, then you will love this as much as I do. There is this website called The Grocery Game, which saves you a TON of $$!! Who can pass that up. So here is how it works...

For your trial period (which I think is like 4 or 8 weeks, cant remember) it only costs $1, and please if/when you sign up put me down as your referral (eringonzales@comcast.net) because you earn free weeks when you refer people to sign up. After your trial period it is $10 for every 8 weeks for your membership- a great deal!

Basically when you sign up you choose a grocery store (or more than one if you want) in your area...and each week you will get a customized list for that particular store. The list is categorized to match the layout of the store (the only store I found this not to be the case with is Safeway) which makes shopping FAST and easy! Then you go through the list and select the items that you wish to get and pull aside the coupons for that particular week and then once you hit the register hand them your pile of coupons and viola- easy as that!

Ok, so some additional details...when you see your list you will notice that it is broken down into Blue, Green, and Black items. The Blue and Green are ROCK BOTTOM prices and you should stock up on these items as a type of food storage. This way you are stocking up on these items while they are on MAJOR sale. The black items are still a great deal but you are advised only to get the black items only if you NEED them.

This system does require you to cut and organize coupons in order to save the most $$. I was NEVER a fan of coupons until this system came along. It takes all the guess work out of it and if I can manage it then anyone can! When you sign up the website tells you how to organize your coupons (they break categories down to Beverages, Cereals, Frozen items, Snacks, Toiletries, etc.) so that when it is time to retrieve them it is super easy to find them! I go through the Sunday paper coupons every week and cut out any coupon I think I might use- ever...you may not use it this week but you probably will in the upcoming weeks. If you have friends that never use their coupons- get theirs...you can use multiples of the same coupon. The list that you get every week will list all the coupons that you will need for just that week- it is so easy!

Each week I save somewhere between 45%-69% on my grocery bill. It is amazing! My first week I spent $86 out of pocket on a total bill that was $170! The second week I saved $152 and spent $120 out of pocket giving me a total bill that was $272- can you believe it almost $300 in groceries for just $120...by the 4th week I had NO MORE room in either one of my 2 freezers for meat or anything else. I have an amazing food storage that we dwindle down and then on the weeks that i have too much food we only get necessities from the store...I LOVE THIS SITE!!! try it out and see what you think. I would love to hear your feedback on this as well- have you tried it?

No comments: